Sunday, September 11, 2005

Singapore making history.

I must say the netball match between Singapore and Malaysia was an awesome one. They were fighting for the 1st and 2nd placing. The audiences were on high, and there were many people dressed in red to support Team Singapore as well, that includes most of the Cedar Netballers! The score was like 18-18, 19-18, and so on. There were tumultuous roars from the audiences, and whenever the shooters from Singapore put in a ball, it was always followed by applauses and screams from the audiences.

By the end of the 2nd quarter, the score was 26-20. During the first quarter, there was a period when Malaysia was leading with a few balls ahead. But Singapore remained calm and played their utmost best to defend and give their very best each time. Such spirit was shown by Premila, the Goal Keeper for Singapore! Ohman. You should just see how she jumps and tries to intercept each pass to the opposing Goal Shooter! Even though she was out of play for many obstructions that the umpire called out for, she still went all out to defend her opponent. I have full admiration for her! If only I can defend like her lah. *does a really horrible pout that is capable of making people gag* Jean Ng was WOW WOW WOW too. I just realise she has long limbs. Ha ha ha. I could hear Charlene behind me going, "Go Jean!" all the time. Ha, funny girl! (:

By the end of the 3rd quarter, the score was 39-27! I was munching on the plain biscuits while watching the match. The biscuits were so addictive la! I bet they added some sort of chemicals in the biscuits that would make people addicted to them! BLAH. I had a total of 7 pieces i think. (GOSH, why am I talking about biscuits now?!) So I was saying, I was full of excitement as the Singapore shooters kept putting in balls. Yupp.

By the 4th quarter, I knew that victory was ours as the time was slowly counting down to the end of game. But Malaysia did not lose hope at all. They still fought and played hard, and I must say their defence side is really strong. The Singapore shooters had a hard time coming out for passes and a lot of balls were lost when it reached the goal circle. Nevertheless, the Singapore shooters did a good job. Their movements were as graceful as swans!

Pearline did not play at all! Urgh. And the really pretty Wing Defence (Ting Jun!) that Xinya likes. They had the same combination of players throughout.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
The score in the last 2minutes. (don't mind the blur-ness please!)

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
THE FINAL SCORE! 53-39! (if you can't see clearly)

The score board was so far away from where I was at, and I had to use my camera's digital zoom to catch it la, and I don't have a steady hand to start off with. So the pictures are not bad already okay! (excuses excuses excuses..)

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
The errrs, Singapore Cheerleaders aka Acers/Aces!!! *clap hands!* Well, I attempted to sound enthusiastic at the mention of them. They were rather unsuccessful as cheerleaders, I MUST admit. One of the girls fell on the ground while attempting a stunt, and it was so unglam and ungraceful to fall off the shoulders of the dude in front of so many audiences la. I pity her.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
The golden ball throphy, which I heard cost 250bucks, that Team Singapore won!

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
The 2.08m tall Goal Shooter from Sri Lanka receiving her throphy.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
Pearline making her speech as the captain for Team Singapore! Sweet.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
The afro hairstyle Wing Defence from Sri Lanka which Xinya and I like! (mainly beacuse of her hairstyle! hee!)
I was holding onto her throphy!!!!!

That was the last shot I took for the night before my camera's battery died.

Thats all for the finals. I'm glad I went down to witness this match. This is the first time Singapore won the championship! woohoo!

I cannot bring myself to believe that the one-week break is about to end in 6hours time, and I have not even started on revision yet, other that the unproductive Biolody revision that I've done. Seriously speaking, its high time that I start to buck up on my studies. Okay, from tomorrow onwards, I shall go straight home after school, take my bath then start mugging until the time I sleep. Sounds sick. That reminds me, I still have unfinished Chemistry, Amaths and Emaths homework to do, plus the stupid Biology revision! Right now, I'm at pg36 of the chinese book we were supposed to read during the term break! Go Janine!

Urgh,
Janine.


9/11/2005 06:00:00 PM;

Comments: Post a Comment
!THE GIRL
A vain and nonsensical Christian girl by the name of Janine. She plays netball. She is forever procrastinating, losing her things and getting names mixed up.

She loves God, chillouts, fashion, fine dining, good results, pretty nails, night life, reading, shopping and travelling like any typical 16-year-old teenager.

!LINKS
  • BROCKS!
  • Amanda
  • Clara
  • Eunice
  • Fudd
  • Jkok
  • Matthew
  • Xin Ru
  • Xinru (Angelfire)


  • !TAGBOARD

    Powered by TagBoard Message Board
    Name

    URL or Email

    Messages(smilies)



    !PREVIOUS POSTS




    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com